Sunday, April 18, 2010

Amitabh Bachchan to work for free




















Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan has a great regard for south superstar Mohanlal. So much so that he’s agreed to make a guest appearance in a film for free.

“Mohanlal, great exponent of his art and craft, one of the finest actors of the country, from Kerala and Malayalam cinema had come over to finalise dates and schedules for the film he is making directed by Capt Ravi,” Big B wrote on his blog.

The movie, titled Kandahar, is based on the hijacking of an Indian Airlines flight IC 814 in Kandahar in 1999. Mr. Bachchan was wanted for a guest appearance requiring just 3 days of shoot. And the superstar turned down the money offered by the film’s makers.

“It's a small guest appearance and I had agreed. They had come over to officially sign me on and make payments etc...Payments? For a guest appearance of 3 days? With Mohanlal who has always had my greatest admiration? No way !! I don't charge money for such acts. And told them so.

“I shall just gloat in the honour that I shall derive by working in a Malayalam film and that too with the exceptional Mohanlal,” Big B posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment