Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ajith's assurance















Ajith Kumar has just completed the first round race of the weekend in 13th position after starting from position 20 out of 21 cars on the grid at the FIA 2010 Formula Two Championship happening at Marrakech, the first round outside of Europe.
Says Ajith from trackside at Marrakech, Morocco: "Practice session 1 & 2 went well and so did qualifying session 1 (for race 1). My lap times kept improving over the 2 practice sessions. Did have a few excursions off the track trying to find my limit and better lap times."
"Qualifying session for race 1 was going well for me until I crashed into the wall on exit of corner one (20 mins into the qualifying session). My Wrist Hurts! Luckily by then had managed to log laptimes within 107 per cent off the quickest driver in qualifying, which enabled me Qualify for race 1."
"Marrakech circuit as you all know is a street circuit. Extremely challenging with very long high speed straights and fast chicanes with absolutely no room for error. It is not very often that a racing car driver gets to race on a street circuit. With F2 coming to Marrakech I consider myself very privileged to have got this opportunity.'
"The infrastructure and enthusiasm among the people here in Marrakech is just awesome. It is to be seen to be believed. I am very confident that in the coming future Chennai will have its own street circuit like Marrakech, which will boost tourism in our State and country as well."
In his message for his fans and well wishers, the actor-racer said, "I may or may not succeed in bringing great results on the race track but I wish to assure each and everyone of you that I am giving it my best. F2 is serious business. Being 5 seconds off the pace may seem a huge gap for motorsports enthusiasts. But considering where I am coming from I am personally happy and pleased with my performance so far. And most importantly irrespective of what happens I am enjoying each and every moment on the race track."
Meanwhile, the official F2 website says: The tricky street track is sure to pose a unique challenge to the F2 field - not only through its complex mix of long straights, tight chicanes and a fearsome last hairpin, but also through the 2,550 4-tonne blocks that line the perimeters of the circuit. With no room for error, drivers have to navigate the 4.5 km circuit always searching for an optimum balance between outright pace and sensible restraint.

No comments:

Post a Comment